Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Word Press Setup and Confusion

Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:25 AM
SCLove

26 posts · Apr 2009
Having problems with basic setup. I uploaded Atahualpa but was told that I should use the WP Dashbord (not Atahualpa) for everything I inquire about below and to use Atahualpa to change the Header. Correct? Attempting to create a blog as a companion to my existing website (not WP) which will link. Also, don't see the benefit to Atahualpa, as I thought I was uploading a template that was designed with graphics, etc., as many others seem to be; i.e., thougt WP was siggesting diffferent styles of templates for aethetics besides function.

1. Added Plugin called Social Profilr and it now appears on my Contact and About Pages, but I can't get a Home Page (like what was there originally). Even tried setting a post to a static page. How do I set that up? (There are Home, Contact and About Us buttons at the top left, but no actual Home Page (that Button takes us back to Contact). Adding Home Page on drop down menu on "Add page" adds another HP Button but no page. I am thinking that I may have screwed this up by clicking link button on the edit page...?? If this is the problem, how do I unlink?

I also tried to add a photo on my Contacts page and don't seem to be able to find it on WP after it uploads...?? How do I get it to specific pages?

2. In additon to the links that Social Profilr added, where do I add my own links like my real estate MLS search or dedicated property website URLs? And how do I place them where I want - like sidebars?

3. Including Google Friend Connect, I would appreciate your addressing how to add any widget with HTML per my inability to find an HTML area for Pages. I uploaded the code to the Godaddy directory but now can't get the GFC to work. ried the auto Plug-in too. The plugin asks for the site name and I used the ID from the HTML code as instructed. It asks for the location (url didn't work so what should I use?).

4. Do you know how I'D get my actual Facebook page to link in Profilr rather than it linking to the sign-in page?

Thanks very much for your help. -SL
Old Apr 29, 2009, 12:29 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I suggest that you get to know Wordpress a bit better first, here are some videos:

An overall Tour inside Wordpress 2.7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUDM4q7utGQ

Various Videos about Wordpress usage

http://wordpress.tv/

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 19, 2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:27 AM
Tamandua

11 posts · Jan 2010
Hi

The link to P*********** throws up a SERIOUS THREAT warning of
PWS/wi32/DuarsoA virus

thanks for that

Rich

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 19, 2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: removed reference to site that caused problem
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I didn't get a virus warning. I got
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home6/surveysa/public_html/***********/wp-includes/default-widgets.php on line 1034

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 19, 2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: removed reference to site that caused problem
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:57 AM
Tamandua

11 posts · Jan 2010
Hiya
You sure?

was picked up in Spybot immediately; it managed to wipre Firefox exe from my machine and it took all afternoon to sort out

not pleased but these things happen lol

If you clicked the link I would advise you run checks
Rich
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:24 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Of course, I'm on a Mac, so that might 'splain it. :-)

But seriously, it looks like a Wordpress syntax error. I'm sure Flynn would not have listed that link if there had been a problem back when he made that post. Perhaps the site got hacked in the meantime.

EDIT: I looked at the source code, and it looks all truncated. Maybe the owner tried to fix the hack somehow.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I did indeed see the syntax error but then MS Security Essentials zapped it and this is what is in my AV log.

Trojan:JS/Redirector.BF

Category: Trojan
Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Below is the path and name of the file that got downloaded to my Temp Internet Files folder.

Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RRIDXQWS\**************_com[1].htm

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 19, 2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: removed reference to site that caused problem
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:49 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Yikes! So Flynn or Juggledad should edit that link out of the post before some damage is done.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:51 AM
Tamandua

11 posts · Jan 2010
Hi
I rest my case

no idea how folk who run forums can oossibly protect against this

not blaming Flynn just advising users of what happened

Blow it awaty guys, its not nice....

Rich
Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009