Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

NextGEN-Gallery

Old Apr 4, 2009, 04:50 PM
varkis

6 posts · Apr 2009
I installed your themes it is great, I just have a problem with NextGEN-Gallery is not showing up nighther side any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
wally
Old Apr 5, 2009, 09:11 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Did you create a gallery using NextGen?

In your widgets area, you should see the NextGen Slideshow and widget. Add one of them to your sidebar, then edit it to point to your gallery.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:23 AM
varkis

6 posts · Apr 2009
I did per your suggestion but I still do not see anything on the sidebard
Thank you
wally
Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:55 AM
varkis

6 posts · Apr 2009
I was able to see on the left sidebar, but only one picture eventhough I have 5, I tryed with slide show too. any suggestion?
thank you
Old Apr 5, 2009, 05:01 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I created a gallery on a page http://wp27.bytesforall.com/nextgen-gallery/

See attachments for how my settings looks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nextgen1.gif
Views:	2397
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	80  Click image for larger version

Name:	nextgen2.gif
Views:	2309
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	81  
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:36 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I had NextGen working at one point, but now I can't get the slideshow function to work. I made sure the path to the imagerotator.swf is there, the wp header thing is in the index.php, and now I don't know what else to try.

I've deactivated and even deleted the plugin, redownloaded it and reinstalled it, to no avail. A gallery page will show the link for the slideshow, but clicking on it produces a big blank area on the page, no slideshow. The Cooliris function works.

I like the lightbox effect you have for the screencaps here. What did you use for that?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:46 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The slideshow is working for me, at least on this "almost 3.3.3" version: http://wp27.bytesforall.com/nextgen-gallery?show=slide

It may be related to jQuery being included differently and earlier in header.php, in 3.3.3

The effect here on the forum is a standard feature of Vbulletin
Old Jun 2, 2009, 09:47 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
I can't get it to work either (and I am testing the sidebar so I can get this to work in the header). All I get is that flash pre-load image on the black background.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 01:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what's your url? How did you create the code you inserted, did you use Word, or a text editor? Just wondering if any 'formating' characters got into the code
Old Jun 3, 2009, 04:53 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
what's your url? How did you create the code you inserted, did you use Word, or a text editor? Just wondering if any 'formating' characters got into the code
There's no real extra code associated with it is there?

I created a Gallery in Next Gen

I put the NextGen slideshow widget into the sidebar.

Referenced the Gallery I created in the widget, clicked done, save, and ... just that black image with the rotating white loader.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Do you have the FLASH PLAYER plugin installed in your browser? If not, do a go to http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/ and install it. It's a prereq for NextGen slideshow

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 9, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 08:28 AM
jules

1 posts · Jun 2010
Send a message via MSN to jules
I just launched my wordpress website using a Photocrait theme and used NextGen for my gallery and slideshow.

The only issue I have is that it doesn't work on iphones or safari due to the flash. - is there a way around this? I am far from web designer pro...so be gentle...ha
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Jules - This forum is for users of the ATAHUALPA theme. You need to go ask the author of your theme for help.