Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Any help anwering some questions about styling?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 5, 2012, 08:36 AM
twarrior3dc

4 posts · Oct 2012
Smile Any help anwering some questions about styling?

(*answering...oops!) Hello, first off, I love this theme, thank you so much for making it available. I do have some questions though, any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my site for reference: www.henryamerica.com

1) Is there something that I need to do to get the featured image to function properly? It just displays as a white box and only shows when you hover over it. Is there any way to adjust the size of the featured image box on a case by case basis (in case some are smaller in width, also reposition the image within the frame, so heads aren't cut off)? EDIT: Just realized that the b/w->color transition is working in IE and Chrome, but not FF or Safari.

2) Is there any way to set the first/most recent/top post to show the whole post, while leaving the the subsequent posts just as they are with the first couple of lines? Presumably, when a new post is added it would take over the first spot and the former first spot would become a summary post like the others.

3) More of a general Wordpress question I think, but is there a way to expand the height and add widgets to the footer? I would like to put the pages and meta widgets down there.

4) Is deleting the comments php code the only way to remove comments from a single post or page, or is there somewhere in the admin panel that I cant find?

5) Lastly, I'm having trouble understanding the various post formats available. They all seem the same to me? Am I supposed to style them myself, I can do that, but where would I find the CSS? For instance, if I wanted to post an Aside, I might want the title to be a few sizes smaller. In a related question, I tried using the index template for a page, but I could figure out what to do with it, I could be just stupid, any recommendations for uses?
Nevermind, I figured this one out.

I know this is a lot, feel free to send an email if you want. Thanks in advance!
-T

Last edited by twarrior3dc; Oct 6, 2012 at 08:06 AM.