Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Width of Sub Menus - no changes after selection.

Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:26 AM
mlanger

16 posts · Sep 2009
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
OK... What did you do? I was looking at your site and navigating to some sub levels when everything started working properly.

>Update<
I was navigating to various pages, one of which had day 1, day 2, etc. links on the bottom. After I clicked on one of those links I was at the page requested and the menus were working. I then went to the home page and all was good until I exited the site and came back to it via your link in the forum thread.
The Page 1, etc links at the bottom of the page link back to the OLD version of the site, which is still on WP 2.9.2. That's why it appeared to work. It's still broken. Use the menus only for navigation.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm moving this site from GoDaddy.com (NOT recommended) to BlueHost. As part of the move, I'm updating WordPress and Atahualpa. THAT'S why there are two domain names with identical sites. http://www.arizonaphotoadventures.com/ is a temp domain name for this so I can keep the original site up until the problems are worked out.

Maria
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
mlanger - do the move one step at a time and back things up
1) move current versions of wp and atahualpa to bluehost - does it work? Yes go to step (2)
2) do a backup (db and files)
3) upgrade Atahualpa - does it work? go to step (4)
4) do a backup (db and files)
5) Now do the wordpress upgrade

it takes longer, but it's easier to isolate any problems
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:12 PM
Soyebean

7 posts · May 2010
Hello Juggledad,

Wow, I'm impressed and relieved, my menu items came back and work like they did before.

Thanks for the fix, your time and everyone else's insightful help.

I've happily donated.

Cheers,
Mike