Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Code appearing at top of page.

Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:08 AM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Strange page code appearing at top of page today. Have not change or done anything to plugins or code. The site has been just siting there for the last month. Called my web hosting and they checked the server and said their end was OK and suggested I disabled my plugins. When I disabled all-in-one-seo the site sort of returned but missing boarders and tab shapes.

WP 3.4.2 Atahualpa 3.6.4 Site http://2bretired.com

Any help on trouble shooting this, the following problems:-

Home- missing boarders and has square tabs
About us/contact us tab - missing borders but has rounded tabs
Latest blog post tab - goes to complete page code, with part of page missing header at bottom.

I am not sure where to start as I have not touched or done anything to the site to cause a problem. The site has been fine up to now. Do I need to upgrade to the latest Atahualpa.
But what is causing the existing problem?

Thanks Bob
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:20 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would
  • Switch to the default theme to see if the problem persists
  • If the problems goes away I would do a MANUAL update to the Atahualpa theme as outlined in the FAQ
Some of the changes with later versions of WordPress MAY have had an impact on the version of Atahualpa your are using.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:19 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks lmilesw,

I changed back to AP 3.5.3 and it worked fine except for header graphic size and other minor changes. So it is pointing towards AP 3.6.4 problem. I am still wondering why it changed as I had not done anything.

So it looks like I will have to upgrade, which is a pain due to all the code mods and graphics to re-install.

Bob
Old Oct 5, 2012, 01:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
while on 3.5.3 go to ato->export/import settings - do an export and attach it to a reply
Old Oct 5, 2012, 01:32 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Attached ata export txt file for 3.5.3

Thanks, Bob
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-2bretiredcom-20121005.txt (19.8 KB, 8023 views)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 03:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well I just imported your code into 3.5.3, looked at the site, then swapped to 3.7.9 and it looks fine.

have you touched any of the theme files?

try disabling ALL plugins and swap back to 3.6.4 and see if it still happens - but I would just go to 3.7.9 if I were you. I'd still try with the plugins deactivated though.

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 5, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 04:13 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks juggledad,
I will be upgrading soon once I have all my graphics and software notes together. Still wondering how plugins can cause a problems if they were working fine before without any upgrading.

anyway thanks for your help. Bob