Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Move header and left sidebar

Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:17 PM
markus-l

14 posts · Nov 2010
[SOLVED] Move header and left sidebar

Hi

I have an idea i want to try out but i cant figure out how to do.

I want to move the header more to the right, so the edge of the header image will align with the center column.

Then i want to move the left sidebar upwards so it will be at the same height as the header image.

Hope you understand what i´m trying to do. It looks great in my head
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you might be able to do it with CSS using the position rule, but the page is a table where the header area is row 1
the middle is row 2 and the footer is row 3 nad the middle is another table with the sidebars being columns so it may take some work.

I suggest you give it a go, try things and maybe you can figure a way to do it and tell us all about it.

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 16, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:37 PM
markus-l

14 posts · Nov 2010
I think this is way, way out of my league =) I just might to keep it as a dream and start to think about some other desgin idea. I have tried some other themes for my idea but i will never change from Atahualpa! The ATO is so damn good!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this in the css insert
HTML Code:
td#left {position: absolute; top: 40px;}
div.header-image-container {left: 200px;}
you will have to play with the values to get them right
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:54 PM
markus-l

14 posts · Nov 2010
That made it! I didnt meant for you to do it. Made a donation (not much but anyway) for you to show my appreciation.

Now i will play around and see if it will be as i will. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
try this in the css insert
HTML Code:
td#left {position: absolute; top: 40px;}
div.header-image-container {left: 200px;}
you will have to play with the values to get them right