Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Two level menus - Page Dependent

Old Jan 20, 2010, 04:33 PM
jaxon

27 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there folks! A big thanks to everyone who's doing support on the forum and doing the actual design and maintenance for Atahaulpa. It's a real asset to the WP world.

I've looked around the forum quite a bit for an answer or lead on this and haven't had any luck, so I'm going to go ahead and ask out loud

I'd like to have an additional row of menu-items (pages in this case) appear under the standard horizontal menu. These menu items would be determined by the current parent page being viewed.

An example of this setup can be seen here.

Thanks in advance to anyone with advice
Old Jan 20, 2010, 04:46 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You mean child pages of the main page?

http://larchmontgazette.com

I have child page and child categories.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:43 PM
jaxon

27 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks for the quick response! I guess I didn't state what I was after all that clearly. I understand the basic expanding menus functionality of the theme. What I would like to do is precisely what's on the page I linked to earlier. Each top level page you visit has it's own specific second menu on a row below the primary menu. This allows viewers to see all the child pages nicely displayed horizontally when they are viewing any page within the parent.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:11 PM
axy

3 posts · Apr 2011
I am also wondering how to do this. Please help!