Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

I am new to this

Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:22 PM
lilc800

2 posts · Oct 2010
I am new to this

Hey guys I am new to blogging and this theme and I need to know how to edit it !

I want my blog to look kinda like these

http://tinkatollicheats.com/
http://tinkatolliguide.com/

But I don't know even how to change the header !

I want to know how to
1.change the header
2.rounded corners
3.change bacground
4.the side bar titles
5.and coustom navigation bar

BTW try to explain it in a simple way cause I am only 13 thanks
Old Oct 16, 2010, 02:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There is no "simple" way to explain how to design a site like those you linked to. It's a combination of graphics, html, CSS and understanding the Atahualpa theme. You should probably start with just playing around with the theme to get comfortable with what it does. There is a ton of documentation in the theme options. Then w3schools.com is a good place to get some CSS info.

The sites you linked to use background images in the footer, sidebars, and body and telling you how to go about building them step by step is generally beyond the scope of this forum. If you start building the sites and have some specific areas that you get stuck on give a shout though. Maybe you could even contact the people who built the sites you linked to.

You could also look at the source of those sites to get an idea of what they did.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 02:18 PM
lilc800

2 posts · Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
There is no "simple" way to explain how to design a site like those you linked to. It's a combination of graphics, html, CSS and understanding the Atahualpa theme. You should probably start with just playing around with the theme to get comfortable with what it does. There is a ton of documentation in the theme options. Then w3schools.com is a good place to get some CSS info.

The sites you linked to use background images in the footer, sidebars, and body and telling you how to go about building them step by step is generally beyond the scope of this forum. If you start building the sites and have some specific areas that you get stuck on give a shout though. Maybe you could even contact the people who built the sites you linked to.

You could also look at the source of those sites to get an idea of what they did.
Well thanks !