Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Unwanted style difference in singel post and that same post on single displa

Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:54 PM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hello Atahualp friends.

I have this strange thing going on. I have posts, of course, and they look nice. But the same post is also imported on a single page and there it looks really different. I would like it to be the same.

Can anybody shed some light on where this difference comes from and how do I get the to look the same?

The way the single post looks;
http://newspiration.com/news/2009/09/vip-of-the-week/

And now the exact same post but the displayed on the single page;
http://newspiration.com/news/vip/

And this is the code with which I draw that post into the page;
<div class="txtboxvip">

<?php if ( is_page('3') ) { ?>
<?php $my_query = new WP_Query('category_name=vip&showposts=1');
while ($my_query->have_posts()) : $my_query->the_post(); ?>

<h2><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2><?php the_content(); ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>
<?php } ?>

<?php /* If there are any posts: */
if (have_posts()) : $bfa_ata['postcount'] == 1; /* Postcount needed for option "1 first posts full posts" */ ?>

</div>

Anybody???
Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa, WP and PHP?
there must be some more code you are using. On the 'single post page' I'm seeing a reference to <div class="txtbox"> while the 'single page' shows <div class="txtboxvip">

I also notice that the 'Previous VIPs' is in a sidebar on the 'single post page', but part of the main column in the 'single page'

Check the styling that goes with the two classes.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 16, 2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 06:26 PM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I'm running latest wp 284 & atahualpa the latest and php 5 something.

The textbox div is a div I made into the normal index file. . The other div-vip is an div which I made into a template file.

Do I need to get the css for the plain atahualpa index (main column?) and glue it into the style for the template, Div? And if so, do I find it in the css.php? Under what name?

I really got creative here to get this effect of only showing images as excerpts, without javascript. That's why you'll see it on the single page as a widget and on the other page as a div in the main frame. Lol.

And thanx for your quick reply, I start lovin Atahualpa more and more.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What images without excerpts are you talking about?

And If I can ask, what are you trying to do? maybe there is a way to do it, within Atahualpa/WP so you can just use the Atahualpa css
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:29 PM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Yes Juggledad.
I changed the css.php from atahualpa and added the div to it. now the post on the static single page looks the same as the single post. Great.

About the images, i posted some questions about how to make create thumbnail images from the excerts into sidebar so when you click on them the show you the according post. It seemed that this was a javascript thing and your partner or anybody on this forum had time or knowledge how to do this.

So, after some mindboggling days I found this widget which accepts php code and I found some code on the web how to let the thumbnail appear. And it works. Although maybe not the neatest solution, it works, and I'm happy.

The threath about this issue you find here. http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3070

Warm regards ,
Sakshin