Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header Image Feature Request

Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:04 PM
RAMilewski

20 posts · Aug 2009
San Jose, California
It would substantially ease the manual upgrade process if it were possible to set the path to the header images in Atahualpa Theme Options on the Header Image tab.

Keeping this path in the database would allow for a header image directory such as .../wp-content/header_images. Then upgrades could pick up the path from the database and manual upgrades would be half the work they are now where we need to copy everything out of old_theme/images/header into new_theme/images/header.

I'm not suggesting changing the default path, just adding a persistent overload capability.

I've faked this with a single static image using the new header image HTML in 3.6.4, but putting it in the db would:
  1. Keep the existing Header Image tab functionality
  2. Avoid rendering a hidden header image behind the new one
  3. Eliminate messing with the contents of theme's default header image folder

Thanks! BFA Rocks!

-- Richard

Last edited by RAMilewski; Feb 15, 2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This is being looked into. Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:30 PM
RAMilewski

20 posts · Aug 2009
San Jose, California
Thanks!

Setting a full path to the logo would also eliminate the rather inelegant ../../header_images/logo.gif that I'm using now.

....but that's just nit-picking.

-- Richard
Old Feb 20, 2011, 04:51 PM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Personally, I'd also find it a lot easier if the header image sizing was all handled from the usual options pages rather than having to delve into code in various CSS files.

Surely it ought to be relatively easy to offer fully automatic scaling of the supplied images, fixed height and width options, alignment and trim options?

Thanks
Graham.