Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Share This not working in bylines

Old Apr 4, 2012, 01:49 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Share This not working in bylines

Hi Guys,

I installed the plugin at work, used the %share-this% tag in all the byline settings at the post/page settings - and the buttons showed up fine.
When I came home and wanted to continue my work, the buttons were gone and I cant get them back. Tried various browsers, the code seems to be there but the buttons somehow dont show anymore.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 03:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url pointing to the issue?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:18 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Atahualpa 3.7.3
Wordpress Version 3.3.1
newlayout.tribe-online.de (test url)

Tried again today and now they are showing. Did not change anything, just activated the plugin again, as I tried yesterday various time. Both Browser and OS are the same in job and at home - just the internet connections differs - do the buttons maybe load from an external source?

Last edited by Hody; Apr 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 04:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
do the buttons maybe load from an external source?
you would have to look at the plugin to tell this.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 04:28 AM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
The buttons get loaded from an external source as FireFly shows. I took my laptop to home now. On my PC at home the social buttons in share this wouldnīt show in Opera, Firefox or IE while on my laptop shows them all. Also tried with an Android tablet and an iPad and they show.
So now I am worry that my pvt machine would not be the only one affected by that error - which would be bad. Also once the Pop-Up Windows for Share This shows on my machine the "X" on the top right wonīt let close it.

The Code within the wordpress is the same always, the browsers are same, the OS is the same - so I canīt figure why the will show in one machine and not in the other. Even if I use my laptop at home they show there but not on my pvt computer - I am really confused.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 04:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It might be that your computer doesn't have some component installed - like java -or you have an old release of something. Or technology has passed it by. Imagine if you were running windows 98 and tried to view the web...