Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget creation for children pages ?

Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:13 AM
Loo

2 posts · Mar 2009
Hi !

1st of all, thanks for this really nice theme, it's really fun to work with

I'd like to know if it's possible to create my own widget ... ?

Actually, i've built my website with pages rather than posts ...

My question is : I'd like to have the children pages of the parent page clicked displayed in the left sidebar. I use the "get_children_pages" wordpress native function but the result is displayed on top of the site !

Any idea ?

THANX again !

Here's my webiste (installed yesterday ...) : http://www.algorythme.org/test/

(Excuse my poor english !)
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:08 AM
Loo

2 posts · Mar 2009
That's ok ! I found a solution !

Just change the wp-includes/widgets.php native wordpress file and you're done !

Search "wp_list_pages" and simply add :

&child_of='.$_GET['page_id']

That's it !