Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Sharethis button automatically placed on top of entire blog

Old Sep 2, 2010, 07:47 AM
Sidneyvollmer

6 posts · Sep 2010
Sharethis button automatically placed on top of entire blog

Hey guys,

At my dutch blog vollmer.nl i'm trying to add the "share this buttons" at the bottom of my blogposts.

I installed and activated the "share this" plugin (4.04) on my wordpress atahualpa theme. It works.

But apart from adding small buttons at the bottom of my blogposts, it also generates a facebook "like" button at the top of my blog, above my header.

Which is lame.

I can't figure out where to alter this. Can you guys help out?

Many thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you asked this of the plugin author?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:18 AM
Sidneyvollmer

6 posts · Sep 2010
Yes I have. I sent them an email. So far, no result. I also tried to register at their sharethis forum website to post this bug on their forum, but the registration email doesn't come through...

Argh!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Check for a setting that let's you remove it or look for a different plugin.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:53 PM
Sidneyvollmer

6 posts · Sep 2010
thanks for your thoughts.

it isn't there. rhis is a bug. but since i really dig the share this plugin, i want to keep it in– unless you might know of a plugin with the same functionality?

I spend quite some time searching for the plugin that let me have share ability for both twitter and fb...

Thanks so much for your help.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 01:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't know how this will affect other areas of your site but it takes out the top link in Firefox and IE8. Add the following to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
body iframe {display:none !important;}