Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Grid layout for archive

Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:53 AM
Vanessa_S

26 posts · Apr 2011
Grid layout for archive

I am considering messing with some CSS to get a grid layout for my categories/archives at my loadedkiln.com blog. Here's what I have now: http://www.loadedkiln.com/category/s...mic-sculptors/ and I am trying to get a grid instead of a list like this image:

which is from this thread: http://wpmu.org/wordpress-archive-grid/

My question is, based on that guys tutorial, do I add code to the style.css or add the code to the Atahualpa css inserts?

Note: I haven't found a plugin that looks as clean as the above example, which is why I'm even attempting to mess with css.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Add any extra CSS to the CSS inserts so it gets stored in the db and will remain after an update
Old Mar 7, 2013, 07:36 PM
Vanessa_S

26 posts · Apr 2011
Ok I put

Code:
.archive .post-meta, .blog .post-meta {
     display:none;
}

.archive .post, .blog .post {
     display:inline-block;
     vertical-align:top;
     width:45%;
     padding:1.25%;
     margin:1.25%;
     min-height:170px;
     background-color:#eee;
}
into the css inserts, but it made the main front page also go into this grid mode. Any idea how to make the main posts not do it, but only in the categories and archive lists? And thanks as always Juggledad for your reply.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 06:59 AM
Vanessa_S

26 posts · Apr 2011
Ok I think I have the right question to ask, how do I direct my css insert code to go only to category pages?

Something with a .category in front of it perhaps?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 09:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can prefix the css selector with 'body.nameofcategory' use a code editor or the 'view source' option of the browser and find the <body....> statement to see what class to use.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 08:10 PM
Vanessa_S

26 posts · Apr 2011
Here is what code is working (I am still going to have to figure how to get more posts and how to get the footer gone)

Code:
.archive .post {
     display:inline-block;
     vertical-align:top;
     width:28%;
     padding:1.25%;
     margin:1.25%;
     min-height:190px;
     background-color:#ffffff;
}
I put this in the css inserts and it works great, for those that might be searching on a way to make a simple grid