Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] How to add banner above the slider?

Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:43 AM
AsianStarsID

27 posts · Jul 2015
New York
the plugin stopped working for some reason

i want to use a 320x100 banner for my mobile theme, but it pops up on my desktop theme as well. how do i hide it on desktop or better yet, how do i hide mobile banners on desktop in general? currently I took the banner away because it looks funny.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 01:41 PM
AsianStarsID

27 posts · Jul 2015
New York
i'm also trying responsive banners, but any reason why the banner above the slider is wider than the one below it?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 01:42 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
You would use a media query the same way, except this time you write the query to hide the object if the screen width is wider than a cell phone. If you are using a text widget to display your mobile ad, then the text widget is going to have a unique ID associated with it that looks like text-##, where ## is some number. You can see what this number is by viewing the source of your page or using a web debugging tool. For example, if one of your mobile text widgets has an ID of 45, then you would add this CSS:
Code:
/* Hide these ads when screen width goes above 420px */
@media only screen and (min-width: 420px) {
   #text-45 {
   	   display: none;
   }
}
Old Jul 31, 2015, 01:48 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianStarsID
i'm also trying responsive banners, but any reason why the banner above the slider is wider than the one below it?
The two banner ads look like they are the same width on my iPhone. Maybe it depends on what ad is being served up at a particular time to a particular visitor?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 02:20 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
One other tip. You might have noticed that on a smart phone, there's still a little bit of white space on the right. Try adding this to the end of your various.css file:
Code:
.row, .lw { 
	-moz-box-sizing: 		border-box; 
	-webkit-box-sizing: 	border-box; 
	box-sizing: 			border-box;	
	o-box-sizing: 			border-box;
}
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:44 AM
AsianStarsID

27 posts · Jul 2015
New York
thanks, i added it.

how should i improve my score in the pingdom website speed test?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 05:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Since this thread has meandered off the original question, I'm going to mark it solved.

I would suggest testing your site and then following their recommendations. This will probably mean you will need to do some research and learning (Google is your friend).

Remember, this forum is to help answer questions about the theme. For non theme related questions you could try asking at Wordpress.org

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 3, 2015 at 11:41 AM.