Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Changing position of blog title

Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:02 AM
Spooter

5 posts · Sep 2012
I like to use the Atahualpa theme (it's really great), but I can't get my finger on the next thing:

at http://overlegbk.nl/wordpress/ you can see the blog title 'Overleg Beeldende Kunsten'

All pages look equal according to the position of the blog title (homepage, http://overlegbk.nl/wordpress/?page_id=2 and http://overlegbk.nl/wordpress/?page_id=7), but the page I am using for showing my blogposts (http://overlegbk.nl/wordpress/?page_id=12) looks different.

There the blogtitle (and the page as a whole) jumps up.

my Atahualpa configuration:
- Style & configure LAYOUT>Layout Container Style>margin-top: 40px;
- Style & edit HEADER AREA>Blog Title>margin-bottom: 10px;

Can somebody help me out?

Many thanks in advance
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Read the instructions about the Layout Container Style box regarding margins.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:42 AM
Spooter

5 posts · Sep 2012
Ok,

I read the instructions of NOT using margin-top in the layout container style box.

So I used padding on the body (see menu tab "Body, Text & Links") as was proposed, but with no effort:
the blog post page is still jumping up.

I really don't know what to do.

Last edited by Spooter; Sep 25, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The difference is because on the blog pagem the title is an H1 and on the other pages it is an H2 and in the CSS inserts there is code for H1 and H2 that is different.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:02 AM
Spooter

5 posts · Sep 2012
???

I am talking about the blog title (so it's in the header of the HTML)

Is a blog page using other CSS than normal page for the blog title?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it has to do with SEO. On a blog page the blog title is an H1 and each of the post titles are H2's. This is because there is should only be one H1 on a page.

On a single post page the post title should have the highest precedence therefore it is made in H1 and the page title becomes a H2.

If you look in the CSS Inserts, you will see some CSS for 'H1' and difference css for 'H2' this is what is causing the change.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:08 AM
Spooter

5 posts · Sep 2012
Thank you juggledad.

Now I made no distinction between H1 and H2 (I editted the CSS rule).