Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

serving a conditional stylesheet for ie7

Old Oct 3, 2012, 07:48 AM
razzetto

1 posts · Oct 2012
serving a conditional stylesheet for ie7

Hi.

first of all thanks for sharing this theme.

Here is my problem:

i'm developing a site and ie7 is "quite" required (probably the site will be visited also by people who ignore how to upgrade their browser).

i'm trying to develop a simpler version for ie7 (two colums and not responsive) but i have no luck at guessing how (and where to put) a conditional stylesheet statement. i tried with the usual wordpress function but seems not working.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, again

Last edited by razzetto; Oct 3, 2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: mistypings
Old Oct 3, 2012, 08:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is a quote from the theme options
Quote:
... as of July 2012 IE7 is at 2-3% market share and dropping at a fast rate so it should be at 1% and less by the end of 2012 / early 2013 . For the sake of building for the future and now, and for keeping the code clean instead of carrying around numerous browser hacks, Montezuma starts dropping IE7 support now.
So I wouldn't bother to try Montezuma if you have to get the site to work with IE7