Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Pages Submenu Not Showing

Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:23 PM
casahac

24 posts · Nov 2009
Wordpress 2.9.2
Atahualpa 3.4.6

I have added 2 new pages with a blank parent page. The dropdown submenu is not showing when the parent page is highlighted in the menu bar. I know that I've done something boneheaded here, because when I put the first page in that referenced the parent page, the submenu was showing. Now it's not............

Any ideas?

Thanks,

casahac
Old Apr 4, 2010, 03:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the URL?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 06:41 PM
casahac

24 posts · Nov 2009
www.ciafront.com
Old Apr 5, 2010, 05:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what page is the parent?

I was just thinking, you seem to have some problems with yor pages. I would worry about a corrupt database. you may want to do an export - delete tables - import to see if that may clean things up, or better yet, do the export, create a NEW database, import into it createa new wordpress install and see how it looks there.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:53 PM
casahac

24 posts · Nov 2009
I'll give that a try and let you know what happens. Makes sense to me because some of the "results" I get seem completely out of whack for whatever I'm doing at the time.

Cheers,

casahac
Old Apr 6, 2010, 01:46 PM
casahac

24 posts · Nov 2009
Well, that fixed the submenu problem, is there any way to recover some of the bazillion changes I had made to the ATO section that were lost in the process?

Thanks,

John
Old Apr 6, 2010, 03:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
any option you set should still be there because when you did the export, it will be in the wp-options table. What area of the ATO are you talking about?

which method did you attempt? Creating a NEW database??
Old Apr 6, 2010, 03:11 PM
casahac

24 posts · Nov 2009
I created a new database. Lost all the changes I had made to colors, turning broken lines into solid, etc. and once again have posts showing on pages.........Oy! Makes my head hurt.....
Old Apr 6, 2010, 03:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That doesn't make sense unless the database was very messed up.

If you edit A COPY of the export, you should be able to search for the wp-options table and then look for things that start with 'bfa_'

zip a cop of the export and email it to me and I'll take a look
Old Apr 6, 2010, 05:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ahh, you didn't do a complete export of your database. You used the built in export function that only exports the posts, comments, and categories. You need to do a COMPLETE export of the database, all the tables. Get the 'wp dbmanager' plugin or just use phpMyAdmin and you can export the entire database with that.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 01:15 PM
casahac

24 posts · Nov 2009
OK, I created a new database, imported the content of the old db and all that. Everything seems to be working good, except I'm back to the original problem; the submenu is not showing. It's deja vu all over again.......

casahac
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The problem was a plugin adding a new option to the pages allowing you to exclude the page from navagation