Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3.2 Breaks php Pages

Old Apr 16, 2009, 03:33 PM
duevelocita

9 posts · Apr 2009
Hi there,

I use a plugin, now_reading, to manage a library of read books. I had to make some modifications to the php code of the plugin to get it to work under 3.2. With 3.3.2, though, I can't seem to get it to work at all. Funny thing is, the page is getting displayed with no formatting at all. The CSS being generated has all the appropriate tag, but there's nothing inside the curly braces {}. Also, the sidebars are not showing up.

Any idea why this would break?

I tried copying the php code right into the page itself (instead of referencing a php file) and the results were identical.

TIA . . . Will
Old Apr 16, 2009, 03:36 PM
duevelocita

9 posts · Apr 2009
Just saw this in the changes planned for 3.3.3. Is this what my problem is?

Almost Done: WPG2 (and most likely other "big" plugins, i.e. "Now reading" etc., all those that don't use any of the existing page templates but create their own page) doesn't work anymore. Add the whole "get_option" loop to header.php and footer.php again for these plugins. A slightly bigger change again unfortunately but not too big. Pages using these big plugins will be around 0.1 seconds slower again, as the older Atahualpa used to be. All other pages will keep getting the theme options from index.php and have the slightly improved speed that came with version3.3.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Yes it should work again in 3.3.3

I can only recommend to stay with 3.2 until 3.3.3 is out which I hope to be soon (definitely within April, hopefully within a few days)
Old Apr 16, 2009, 05:35 PM
duevelocita

9 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks for the fast reply, Flynn. Fantastic theme! I look forward to 3.3.3.