Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How to place a custom widget area below another

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:01 AM
3m3rr1ngt0n

9 posts · Mar 2016
How to place a custom widget area below another

Hello.

Firstly, I love atahualpa, brilliant theme!

I have 2 custom widget areas on my homepage. The first contains my image slider. The second has been split into 3 cells, each 390px wide. I have added a 4th (and once I've solved this issue I'd like to add a 5th) cell but it positions itself to the right of the 3rd and increases the width of the whole page. I would like to reduce the height of the 3rd one and have the 4th sit below it, rather than next to it. I have tried to limit the width of the entire widget area and I have used the table align parameters explained on the "Add Dynamic Widget Areas" page, to try to place the 3rd widget cell in "table position 3" and the 4th widget cell in "table position 5", but nothing seems to work.
The height of the widget cells is also dependant on the height of the widgets inside them and they always stay the same height as each other. So for example if I extend the height of the widget in the 1st cell it will increase the height of all of the other widget cells within the widget area.

Is there a way to, A) determine the height of each individual cell within the widget area and B) make the 4th widget cell display below the 3rd. I'm still a novice with css but and html but I'm learning bit by bit. Any help would be much appreciated.

My website is www.velocitycycling.co.uk

Thanks in advanced!