Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

how to format the post page?

Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:39 PM
lisakate

15 posts · Aug 2010
Boston, USA
Hi - I had disabled the ability to click on the headline of a post. But now I realize that when a post is shared, the URL is to that post's page, which is not formatted well. So I have 2 questions:
1) how do I re-enable the hyperlink on the headline?
2) how do I format the post page? I was not sure where in the theme's control panel I can adjust this?

Example of a non-hyperlinked post ("students create original music" post in the new section):
http://www.brcps.org/category/news/

Example of the direct URL when it is shared:
http://www.brcps.org/students-create...he-rainforest/
Old Mar 30, 2011, 01:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The post title on a SINGLE POST page is never a link, on a multi post page is is a link to the SINGLE POST page.

if I knew how you 'disabled the ability' I could tell you. Did you edit the theme code?

Last edited by lmilesw; Mar 31, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:39 AM
lisakate

15 posts · Aug 2010
Boston, USA
Hi thanks - I followed this thread to remove the link:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8993
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ok, I look at that thread, so how did you do it?
Old May 3, 2011, 01:28 PM
lisakate

15 posts · Aug 2010
Boston, USA
I know that I removed the <a href> in the code in the editor somewhere but I can not remember where that is!! I am searching through the codes but have no clue.
Could it be in this?

// Post Title
if ( strpos($postinfo_string,'%post-title%') !== FALSE ) {
ob_start();
the_title();
$post_title = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$postinfo = str_replace("%post-title%", $post_title, $postinfo);
}
I know I can add the permalink to the bottom of the post to get around this. But then I still need to format the single post's page so that it does not have so many widgets on it (too skinny).