Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] send comment notification to custom field value (email)

Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:36 AM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
Hi, im trying to figure this:

I use post by email to let users email new posts. This works like a charm and it adds their data (like name, age, gender, email, country etc) to custom fields.

But wordpress assigns the administrator as post author. So when someone comments a post sen by email, only the administrator get an email,

what i need is that the notification is also send to the custom field value "email".

I found this post,

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/c...3#post-2626973

but its an old post and no explnation is given. I asked advice and they said it should be doable in the theme's comment functions.

So can anyone advice me on how to edit the comments.php to include this custom email address in the notification email?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:24 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not certain this will do what you want but you may want to take a look at the Postie Plugin.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:26 PM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks for the reply, i am already using postie, and that plugin rocks, but it doesnt have any extra options for the author, it does the same as wordpress post by email.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
I solved the problem by doing it another way.

The main goal for my request was to be able to use post by email (or via postie) and set the author as the email and name from the person who submitted the post.

Post by email and postie standard assign it to admin.

I started fooling around with the postie USER tab, and when i check the mark that "subscribers" can post, I set it that anyone can post (no registration) and than just put a form on the site to make users register as subscribers. When they are registered and then send in a post via their registered email address, postie will assign them as author, so voila.

Postie is awesome, too bad the documentation about it isnt, thats why i post this here, may anyone else come across this, hope this helps.

!