Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Language doesn't seem to work? Read this...

Old Feb 12, 2009, 04:59 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Even if you got everything right some terms will still be English.

If the "Leave a reply" above the comment form is in your language then it's working!

The default terms in the theme options (unlike the hard coded terms in the theme files) are not localized yet. You can fully customize (=translate) those remaining term inside the theme options. There's no menu tab "translations" though. Instead, several theme options let you set terms, such as "Home" etc.. That's where you'd put your own terms in your language.

In a later version these default terms inside the theme options will be localized as well to get a 100% translated frontend. There are no plans to translate the backend.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:21 AM
dilago

14 posts · Feb 2009
I'm affraid that is not the case with my site, where the leave a reply message is in my language, but when someone replies, the date in their message is again displayed in english.

I have searched liked mad, but i cannot localise the problem.

This is what apears when a users reply:

d-son
February 27th, 2009 at 02:46

Klinkt goed!

And how i would like it to appear is as follow:

#
d-son

Klinkt goed!

27.02.09 om 02.:46

Klinkt goed!

Can you help me out?

Link to my site:

http://www.zegwatjewil.nl/?p=265
Old Feb 27, 2009, 03:13 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I think there's an error, thanks. For now, in functions/bfa_comment_walker.php change

PHP Code:
        <?php printf(__('%1$s at %2$s'), get_comment_date(__('F jS, Y','atahualpa')),  get_comment_time()) ?>
to

PHP Code:
<?php comment_date('m.d.y \o\m h:i'); ?>
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:41 AM
botv0091

2 posts · Apr 2009
Hi!
Im not understand what is wrong ... Im update Atahualpa to 3.2.1 in hope that russian language will be work, but nope ... I stiil have everyfing on English ... Look here ... Comments on english ... Plz help!
P.S. Sorry for my English
P.S.S. ru_RU.mo right on his place and he is type same like in WordPress locale...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:01 AM
Lucker

17 posts · Apr 2009
Hi, it seems to me I have the same problems: I've installed 3.3.2, place both ru_RU.po & ru_RU.mo files from http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=281 in the /public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa on my server, my WP runs with full russian support (there is define ('WPLANG', 'ru_RU'); in wp-config.php), but... Something going wrong - atahualpa theme shows only english words.

http://shershidsky.ru

Any idea or I missed smth? I'm not IT-man, it's my first experience with web developement
Thanks in advance!

Lucker

Last edited by Lucker; Apr 28, 2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:01 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That file was posted before 3.3.2 was released, so it's unlikely to work with 3.3.2. You can attempt to do your own translation. All you need is atahualpa.pot and the free POEdit software, it's not hard to do
Old Apr 29, 2009, 03:02 AM
Lucker

17 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks for reply. As I believe wrongly, language files suppose to be the same for all versions. I'm fast learner. Here I placed russian language .po &.mo for 3.3.2 version.
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...5&postcount=80

And Flynn, thanks a lot for your theme! I like the more the longer I use one
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I plan to arrange the theme in a way that new language files aren't necessary anymore for each version. This won't be included in the next version 3.3.3 though
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:30 PM
argonaut71

2 posts · Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
I plan to arrange the theme in a way that new language files aren't necessary anymore for each version. This won't be included in the next version 3.3.3 though
Is theme now changed to accept older language files?