Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Can not activate my theme due to parse erorr Parse error

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:36 AM
tanimwp

1 posts · Jun 2009
Lightbulb Can not activate my theme due to parse erorr Parse error

hello
i m new to word press.
i face a problem whenever activating my theme.here is the index file's code.
Code:
<?php get_header(); ?>

<div id=”colOne”>
    <div>
        <?php if (have_posts()) : ?> <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
        <h2 class=”title”><a href=”<?php the_permalink() ?>” rel=”bookmark” title=”Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>”><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

<h3 class=”posted”>Posted on <?php the_time(’F ,jS, Y ’) ;?> by <?php the_author() ;?> and filed under <?php the_category(’, ‘); ?> <strong>|</strong> <?php edit_post_link(’Edit’,”,’<strong>|</strong>’); ?> <?php comments_popup_link(’No Comments &raquo;’, ‘1 Comment &raquo;’, ‘% Comments &raquo;’); ?></h3>

<div class=”story”> 
                <?php the_content(’Read the rest of this entry &raquo;’); ?>
                <?php comments_template(); ?>
            </div>
        <?php endwhile; ?>
        <?php endif; ?>
    </div>

<div style=”clear: both; height: 1px;”></div>
</div>
<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
<?php get_footer(); ?>
i get parse error in D:\wamp\www\wordpress\wp-content\themes\papyrus\index.php
pls let me know the reasons.as well as the way to solve.