Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Bug when inserting elements overlaying header image

Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
ioster

18 posts · Nov 2011
I use Atahualpa 3.7.1.

I tried to insert something (a text in the exemple) overlaying the header image. In the section header image/Overlay Header Image
I put a html code for instance :

<p style="text-align: right;"><span style="color: #ffffff;"><strong>Espace Clients</strong></span></p>

It mess up my header area with a white space upon and above the image : to avoid it, I added few <br/>, the white space disappeared but there is still the white space above the image.

Could you please explain me how to do it?
Thanks in advance.

Isabelle
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
just make a <div> with an id and apply some CSS
HTML Code:
<div id="my-header-overlay">Espace Clients</div>
add this to CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
#my-header-overlay { color: #ffffff; font-size:36px; top:50px; left: 200px; position: relative;}
Old Dec 27, 2011, 07:54 AM
ioster

18 posts · Nov 2011
I did exactly what you said, unfortunately, it doesn't work : there is still a white band added above my header image...

Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What is the url?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:12 AM
ioster

18 posts · Nov 2011
www.cultures-strategy.com, I just erased the formulas, but will put it again so you can see the difference.
Isabelle
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That is not a wordpress site.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:08 AM
ioster

18 posts · Nov 2011
you are right : it is www.cultures-strategy.com/2011... Sorry...

Last edited by ioster; Dec 27, 2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what browser are you using? If you use another browser do you still see the bar.

I only see a white bar below the image, then a red bar then the menu.
The white bar is caused by the tagline and the styling associated with it. Try changing the 'margin-top'
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:13 PM
ioster

18 posts · Nov 2011
You were right : when I delete the tag line, the white bar disappear, I changed the margin-top and it's fine now. I only need to change the CSS to obtain what I Want and I should manage to do it now I understood where the problem is.
Many thanks.
Isabelle