Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Replacing widget titles with an image

Old Aug 29, 2009, 03:02 PM
thehulk

5 posts · Aug 2009
Ive seen a couple of posts on here addressing this topic but somehow I can't make it work completely the only thing im having trouble with is getting rid of the title text in the widget cause when i do this it also removes the picture im trying to add to the title text this is what i have so far

div.widget-title h3 {
display:none;
}

div#recent-comments-3 div.widget-title {
background: url(My picture url in here) center left;
}

but nothing shows up

and when i take this off

div.widget-title h3 {
display:none;
}

the text and picture both show up on top of one another how can i take the text off and just leave the picture

appreciate the help thanks in advance

awesome theme by the way

Last edited by thehulk; Aug 29, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 07:59 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Another style might be interfering somehow, I'd have to see a URL, or use Firebug to find the reason
Old Aug 31, 2009, 08:57 AM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
Without seeing your site this is just a guess, but I have a theory.

When you use display:none to remove the h3, the title div would be empty so it's height would shrink down to nothing. If that is the problem, you could either use visibility:hidden instead of display:none on the h3, or set a height on the title div.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:48 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That could be it. Thank you, Brad