Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Changing color and font of sidebar widgets

Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:15 PM
HavaLyon

14 posts · Apr 2009
First, can I just say what an AMAZING theme this is?!?! I found it a couple of days ago and downloaded it along with some other themes (I was trying to decide which theme to go with) and was absolutely blown away by the amount of options that come with this theme. Fan-freakin-tastic! :D I deleted all of the other themes - no reason to even mess with them.

Now onto my question:

On most of the option pages, there is a explanation for the HTML coding - a this-is-what-the-default-coding-is-for-this-section sort of deal. An example: the Header page. It has plenty of examples for me to look at and figure out what's happening, since HTML is still something I am a newbie at.

But the sidebar widget section (theme options >> Widgets) is decidedly bereft of any helpful guides. I am, in particular, wanting to change the color, font, font size, and perhaps make the words bold? Not sure about that. Anyway, I definitely want to mess with color, font, and font size for both the Widget Title and Widget Content Box, but neither have no info about what is currently there, nor gives me any ideas of what I could put in myself.

I would love any help you could give me. An example that I can edit to fit my site would be awesome.

I'm afraid I can't donate much to the cause because money is extremely tight right now, but I did donate what we could. Thanks in advance - your theme is the BEST I have ever seen, and I truly appreciate it.

Hava
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:49 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
font color is:

HTML Code:
color: #123456;
or
HTML Code:
color: green;
font face is

HTML Code:
font-family: arial, tahoma, sans-serif;
font size is:

HTML Code:
font-size: X.Xem;
bold font is:

HTML Code:
font-weight: bold;

See also http://www.w3schools.com/css/
Old Apr 26, 2009, 01:21 PM
HavaLyon

14 posts · Apr 2009
That was super helpful! I have been able to change all of the post titles, and widget titles now. Much, much better.

When I was messing with the widgets, however, I ran into a snag with the tag cloud. Under the Theme Option >> Widgets page, I have the link text color as 558039 and the link text hover color as 3F5F29. I set all three levels to be the same. (The first color is a lighter green, and the hover color is a little darker green). As you can see on my website, all of my other widgets show up correctly except the tag cloud widget. In the tag cloud widget (right sidebar, partway down), the links are gray until you hover over them, and then they turn red. Since I am not a fan of red or gray, I'd love to change that if possible.

I was using a tag cloud plugin widget (Simple Tags) for my tag cloud, but I pulled that widget off my sidebar and added the standard WP widget to see if that would help, and it didn't. The colors did not change at all.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Havs
Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Those color settings at Theme Options -> Widgets are only for list items inside widgets. Regular links in widget, that are not inside <LI>...</LI> get the overal link color which are set at Theme Options -> Body, Text & Links

To style these regular links differently for a specific widget, i.e. the tag cloud, add a HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Insert

HTML Code:
div#tag_cloud a:link,
div#tag_cloud a:active,
div#tag_cloud a:visited,
div#tag_cloud a:hover {
}
To style all links in sidebars globally add a CSS Insert {
HTML Code:
td#left a:link,
td#left a:active,
td#left a:visited,
td#left a:hover, 
td#right a:link,
td#right a:active,
td#right a:visited,
td#right a:hover {
}
Old May 12, 2009, 09:07 PM
llcooljessie

1 posts · May 2009
How can I adjust the font sizes of the different tag cloud items?
Old May 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There was a thread about that here on the forum, incl. solution,

Try Google search with

site:forum.bytesforall.com your search terms

if the forum's search doesn't find anything or too much