Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Sub-menu indicator not working correctly in menus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:09 AM
cefiar

24 posts · Jun 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Sub-menu indicator not working correctly in menus

Getting a weird issue with menus not working correctly.

Site has a defined menu in Wordpress (WP4.4). Two top level options first up that have no sub-menus, then 3 options that do have sub-menus. Atahualpa is configured to use the menu as the first option.

Issue seems to be that the `rMenu-expand` class gets added to the first menu entry that doesn't contain a sub-item which appears before the menu entry that contains a sub-item (instead of the entry with sub-items). In the case of my site this is the first menu entry "Home".

Site: http://www.hackmelbourne.org (Connected Community Hackerspace in Melbourne, Australia)

Works fine with the twentyfifteen theme, but it doesn't really add a class like this (just sub-items). Have tried with no plugins. Also tried without & in the menu entry title. Also tried recreating the menu entry from scratch. Tried with and without my child theme.

Config attached, but pretty sure this is a code bug. Also attached is a pic of the menu as currently configured in WP. Most items in the menu are Pages, so should be easily reproduced.

FYI: Moving "Blog" after "About CCHS" (and it's sub-items) ends up with a sub-item marker attached to "Blog" as well (the one from "About Rules & Policies" disappears).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cchsmenu1.jpg
Views:	1500
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	2727  
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwhackmelbourneorg-20151214.txt (17.5 KB, 1354 views)