Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Categories not showing any posts

Old Mar 9, 2009, 03:00 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I've got Atahualpa running on several test directories, and I just love it, for all the reasons everybody else has been gushing about.

However, I'm having an issue with the category widget. If you click on http://www.larchmontgazette.com/wp3/ and click on the News category in the left sidebar, you get nothing. There is one post I assigned to the News category, as you see in the center column.

I just did this fresh install of WP2.7 and Atahualpa (where does that name come from?), and I have everything also installed at http://larchmontgazette.com/wp27/, with more content at the second. My ISP has MySQL, PHP5, everything else seems to work.

Any ideas?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 07:00 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Do you have a archive.php or category.php in the wp-content/themes/atahualpa directory? Atahualpa 3 does not have those files but they will be used for category pages if Wordpress finds them in that directory.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:35 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
No, I double-checked, but I have added no template files. I understand that a category won't show up in the category menu at all unless there is at least one post assigned to that category, and I would think that one post should show up when the category is clicked on, right?

It's as though the category ID is not being assigned to the post, or it's not "sticking".