Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] page menu not displaying child menu drop down

Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:10 AM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
Using ata 3.6.7 and wp 3.1. http://judyscolors.com. I need a drop down menu (actually a menu that kicks out to the right) for child pages under the parent "shop". I'm using the WP menu. I've applied bugfixes, the pages are labeled as parents and children, and in the wp menu, they are positioned below and to the right of their parents as they should be. The child pages are still showing up on the menu as parent pages, right below "shop". Note...the child pages are not in the nav right now because the site is live and it looks silly....

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it looks like you are using a SIDEBAR WIDGET to display a menu. This is not theme related.
What you could do since you are using a WordPress CUSTOM menu, is create several custom menu's (one for each page), add tehn to several occurances of the custom menu wudget and then use the 'widget logic' plugin to control which menu displays on which page.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:49 AM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
Found this awesome plugin...http://www.designchemical.com/blog/i...a-menu-widget/

Works great! Thanks for your help JD.