Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Making a 'child page' password protected when it holds a forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 31, 2009, 07:27 AM
Steven

9 posts · Jan 2009
Making a 'child page' password protected when it holds a forum

A unique problem for sure...I have installed a plugin called XDForum. It's almost exactly like this forum...it's cool because it intergrated right into a blog should you have a need for both types of interaction/communication etc.

Herre's my problem/question:

I want my blog to have a totally private bulletin board forum "hiding" in my blog. The public can see a link on the menu/page bar or perhaps a link embeded in a side-bar test widget but if you click on it all you should see is a "password required" message and a box (perhaps some explanitory text). And then you put in a pass word and it takes you to the "secret forum".

I have tried to do this with a simple password protected page but strangly it does not hide the forum...I have also tried a child page but it makes a menu drop down item and I do not want that either.

How could I accomplish this design goal?

My site is:

www.NutritionWire.org and if you or anyone would like to see the forum (before I figure this out and you need a password to see it) just click on the menu bar item that says DACBN Forum.

Thanks Flynn...the checks in the mail!

Last edited by Steven; Mar 31, 2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: bad punctuation