Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Problems with height on widgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:38 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Problems with height on widgets

I recently created 2 widgets in the Center Column using the code listed there.

PHP Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Center top widget area&cells=2&width_1=400'); ?>
I then added:

/* ================================================== */
/* Center Widget Styling */
/* ================================================== */
/***********Background and text alignment for log_widgets***********/
#center_top_widget_area_1, #center_top_widget_area_2 {
text-align: center;
}

I originally added some other styling which all worked fine but I had some issues so I removed everything and started from scratch. The only thing I tried to add to what is above was some height to the widget:

height: 250px;

I use a plugin called Advanced Text Widget Pro. Without the height I have no problems with showing the 2 widgets on the Front page only. The minute I add the height I get blank areas on all other pages where the widgets belong but no content. I've tried other widget controls but get the same results.

I used Firebug and if the height is not added I see nothing on those pages, but the minute the height is added I see the widget code on them. I'm very confused.

Site is under construction, so if access to the site is needed I can give it.

Thanks.