Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

creating unique sidebar for each page

Old Mar 6, 2010, 01:00 PM
graphixgirl

1 posts · Mar 2010
I'm sure the solution for this is quite simple, but I just can't figure it out (I just started using WP for websites), and would love some help!

I'll try to explain this... I want my left sidebar to display only pages in a particular category
here's my website http://owit-ottawa.ca/?page_id=2
on About Us page I want only the secondary pages for "about us" to be displayed (so.. "board members", etc), not all of the main navigation pages (contact us, events, etc.).
Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 04:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at the widget logic plugin
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:40 PM
bryce

9 posts · Mar 2010
I took a look at the the widget logic sidebar and am still confused about how to have a sidebar only show up on a specific page. I am able to have certain text in sidebars only show up on a page, but then I end up with a sidebar with text on one page, and then a blank sidebar on my other pages.

If anyone can share how to create a sidebar that will only show up on one page, I would be grateful.

-Bryce
Old Mar 8, 2010, 05:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
here is one idea
say you want a right sidebar with the category widget to show up on page3 but an all other pages you want a sidebar with recent posts to show up.

you could use a right inner sidebar for the category widget and the right sidebar for the recent posts widget. Then using the 'RIGHT sidebar: Don't display on Pages:' put in the ID for page 3 and in the 'RIGHT INNER sidebar: Don't display on Pages:' put in all teh other page ID's
Old Mar 12, 2010, 04:48 PM
bryce

9 posts · Mar 2010
Here's my question.
I have a website that has 50 pages on it.
I want to create a left sidebar that will only appear on one of the 50 pages. I'm aware that I can put the post id's of the other 49 pages in the "don't display on pages" section.
Is there an easier way to do this? I can use widget logic to make text in widget appear only on selected pages. Is there a way to do this so the sidebar shows up?

-Bryce
Old Mar 14, 2010, 05:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...es_exlude_left