Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Custom settings donīt "stick" - theme reverts to default

Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:27 AM
WetWillie

8 posts · Oct 2010
Custom settings donīt "stick" - theme reverts to default

Hi all. I am not really sure this is the correct forum, but iīll give it a go.

Iīve aded some custom code to my Atahualpa 3.4.9 installation. One part in the "Style BLOCKQUOTES" area and looks like this:

Code:
font-family: Verdana;
color: #555555;
padding: 1em 1em;
background-image: url(http://xxxxxxxx/wp-content/images/quote.png); 
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: 0px 8px;
The other one is in the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts" area and looks like this:

Code:
.label { background-color:#86BD3C; color:#FFFFFF; font-family:georgia; font-size:0.9em; font-weight:bold; padding:1px 2px 1px 3px; }
After that i save the settings and check the pages to see if it looks good. It does, exactly as i wanted it to look...For a while. Because for some strange reason i cant figure out, after a while the custom code disappears from the areas i put it it and the theme reverts to default settings, effectivly removing my code.

I have no idea whatsoever why this occurs, but in the beginning of january my server host (we have a dedicated server) Hostgator pushed out a software update that caused all kinds of problems and trouble for us.

This behavior from Atahualpa/Wordpress have never been seen before this devastating "software update", so how can an update of cPanel and WebHostManager cause this strange behavior from Atahualpa?

I would like to add that Atahualpa is the one theme that never ever caused any major problems for us.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You are going to have to talk to your host about this since it has nothing to do with wordpress or atahualpa. It sounds like they have something that resets any changes that are made. ou might want to google it and/or talk to them to see if there is an override.

This may be as a result of the hacks that happened last year so they are trying to make sure if a change happens, it gets rolled back. But there should be a way to manually override that. ou need to talk to them.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:55 AM
WetWillie

8 posts · Oct 2010
Yes, i agree with you and even more now after your answer. I refuse to think of this as an Atahualpa problem, i have never seen this before.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:36 AM
WetWillie

8 posts · Oct 2010
When i do these changes to "Style BLOCKQUOTE" and "Add HTML/CSS Inserts" in ATO, which theme files are actually affected by these changes?