Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Is it possible to use Wordpress custom menus instead of pages/categories men

Old Jun 1, 2011, 05:41 AM
gesman

35 posts · Feb 2009
Subject says it: I want to build custom menu through appearance->menus and use them instead of pages/categories menus.
Is it possible (Atahualpa 3.6.7) ?

Gleb
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:43 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
Yes - just create/build them using Wordpress.

Then, in the Wordpress Menu's page - Theme Locations

What you put in

Menu 1 = Page Menu in ATA
Menu 2 = Category Menu in ATA

Edit: - Interestingly, this used to be documented on the ATO->Header Area->Menu 1 and Menu 2 Setup pages but it doesn't seem to be now...

Last edited by GarethP; Jun 1, 2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:58 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethP
Edit: - Interestingly, this used to be documented on the ATO->Header Area->Menu 1 and Menu 2 Setup pages but it doesn't seem to be now...
I am not quite sure what you mean but the difference now is that if you use the WordPress menu there does not need to be a defined page or category menu. You can put a page, post, or category in as a menu item now.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 07:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I just went back to 3.5.3 and at ato->MENU 1 (Page Menu)->Home link in Page Menu Bar there was the text

Recommended: Since you're using WP 3+: Use the new WP menu system, see Appearance → Menus on the left. Create a menu there and add it to Menu Location → Menu 1. Once you've done that this setting here and the next few settings become obsolete. (The Javascript animation and the style settings at the bottom of this page still work).

this was removed in 3.6.4 - the issue is how long do you leave notices in the theme about changes. If they stay forever, things will become cluttered.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 07:49 PM
gesman

35 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks everyone.
Apparently my client had disaster due to leftover PHP hardcodings within Atahualpa settings.
Once upgraded - s*** hit the fan.

I resetted header/menu settings to defaults and while losing some CSS - we managed to restore menu via wordpress custom menus.

Gleb