Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

adding form info, buttons or drop down lists in page?

Old Feb 16, 2009, 06:03 PM
iammrpink

3 posts · Feb 2009
Motor City
hello, the theme is great. i am messing around with it. i am trying to add some form info and some buttons in a page. what i am doing is making a page so someone can check a button and add some text and then submit to an email adress.

i see that you can do it from looking on the test site. but i dont know how to add them to a page.?

thank you for any help.

43 year old guy that doesnt know too much about this stuff!

Todd
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:48 PM
iammrpink

3 posts · Feb 2009
Motor City
maybe i should rephrase that. i see in the apearance area that you can setup forms and stuff like that. do i need to know programmering to insert a form or radio buttons?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:01 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can insert them manually but usually you'd use a form plugin for that because that's easier. For instance

Contact Form 7
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/

Cforms II
http://www.deliciousdays.com/cforms-plugin

Here's a selection of more form plugins
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/form

To install a plugin, see the instructions in a README.txt file or something similar inside the plugin files that you downloaded. Usually you'd upload either a single file xxxxxx.php or a while directory /xxxxxxx/ to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory on your web hosting account, then activate that plugin at Site Admin -> Plugins

Atahualpa Theme Options -> Forms is just for (visually) styling form elements, not for creating forms. A plugin might have it's own styling setting on its own settings page.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:48 PM
iammrpink

3 posts · Feb 2009
Motor City
thank you for your help. i will be changing my site over to this theme and a friend of mine is uploading your theme as well. can i donate using a CC. not sure where my paypal info is. havent used it in a long time
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:55 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can use a CC as well after you clicked the Donate button. There should be link at the bottom ("Don't have a paypal account? Use you credit card or bank account...")Thank you
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:01 AM
zizi

29 posts · Mar 2009
I think I will need help to install such a plugin for contact form. And which one to chose from ?

Last edited by zizi; Apr 1, 2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 05:25 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I haven't used any of the above. I'd go by the rating they got at wordpress.org
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:19 PM
zizi

29 posts · Mar 2009
I'm trying contact form 7 now..
Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:26 AM
zizi

29 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, now I know how, if anyone need help, I will do a little unprofessional tutorial

Last edited by zizi; Apr 2, 2009 at 04:28 AM.
Old May 20, 2009, 10:33 AM
Mary McAndrew

11 posts · Mar 2009
Hi zizi,
I just installed contact form 7 and am also a beginner. I'd like to add a contact me form on one page, can you tell me how you added it to a page after it was installed?
Thanks,
Mary
www.marymcandrew.com
Old May 20, 2009, 11:00 AM
Mary McAndrew

11 posts · Mar 2009
Oh....well I figured it out I guess. I went to Tools on left column, the clicked Contact Form 7 and it came up. I created a new form called "Contact Mary". It was so simple it's embarrassing ! ahaha....BUT I do have a question still, don't I need to have people type the weird text to prevent spam? How do you make it do that?
Thanks
Mary