Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Second post, homepage not showing

Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:57 PM
LucM

3 posts · Sep 2011
I use atahualpa a lot. For my club i'm making a new website using wordpress (latest version) and atahualpa (latest version) (www.duinschutters.nl/wordpress).

The site is almost ready. I use a frontpage that shows my latest post (exerpts). I had one up (stating i was building the site) and wanted to post a second one. At that time the frontpage didn't load anymore (blanc page that is loading forever). Typing a direct link to one of the other pages, or direct link to the post in the webbrowser worked fine, just the first page didn't work. When i set the second post back to concept, the frontpage loaded again.

I've never seen this before. What am i doing wrong? Hope someone can help. At the moment there's only one post up, so it should work now.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what happens if you use temporally swap to the twenty-eleven theme? Does the post show up?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:34 AM
LucM

3 posts · Sep 2011
Yes, when I swap to the other theme, both of the posts show up. By the way, I did all the fixes I read about (blanc page), but that didn't work.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd have to take a look. If you want me to, send me a PM with an admin ID/pw
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Couple things
1) you did not apply all the patch's - please do so - 4 and 5 are not applied
2) I tried to apply the change and am getting an error from the server - I could not replace the entire file. you need to find out what is causing this, it could be the problem

I copied your theme settings to my test site and they work fine, so it is not the theme settings It seems to be something 'environment' related. I did a phpinfo() and it says you have 128M allocated, but do you really. I know GoDaddy lets you allocate what ever you want, but it doesn't allow more than a certain amount

is anything showing on the server logs?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:27 AM
LucM

3 posts · Sep 2011
Thank you for looking at the website although the problem isn't resolved yet. I did apply patches 4 and 5 (again), but still no succes.

The website is online now, but I have a (hidden) subpage to keep on working on a solution. That page is: http://www.duinschutters.nl/nieuws/berichten/

I don't need a solution right away but its annoying not knowing what I do wrong. Al my other websites are running on 3.5.1. (and wordpress 3.1.3) and don't have this problem (but would hate to downgrade).

Btw, I've forwarded your serversettingsquestion to my provider. Maybe they can find something wrong. I let you know.

Last edited by LucM; Sep 28, 2011 at 05:39 AM.