Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Give to each link of the menubar a different color.

Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:58 AM
paolo-from-italy

6 posts · Aug 2009
Give to each link of the menubar a different color.

Hi!
I'd like to give to each link of the menubar a different color.
How can I do?
Please...!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 01:03 PM
aechean

7 posts · Oct 2009
Well, you could insert a custom jQuery javascript to alternate colors on the <ul> of the menu...

You would just have to make your selectors be every nth child = a certain color. Let me see if I can make this happen quick and I'll post it.

*EDIT*
Yeah, so, this will work, as long as you use the correct class selectors for the menu you want to change:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function() { 
						   $("li:eq(0)").css("color","blue");
						   $("li:eq(1)").css("color","black");
						   $("li:eq(2)").css("color","red");
						   });

</script>
The correct selector for the theme *should be* 'ul#rmenu2 li'...I think.

Last edited by aechean; Oct 7, 2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: solution?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 01:59 PM
paolo-from-italy

6 posts · Aug 2009
sorry but I don't understand...I'm newbie...
another help is possible?