Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Adding Static Content "Above the Loop" on home page

Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:59 AM
dchrist21

2 posts · Sep 2010
I would like to add a small amount of static content above the post loop of my home page. I have already created a "page" but do not know what code to insert in the "Above the Loop" area in order to make this page appear. I'm guessing its simple, but I'm not a code guy.

-Thanks

www.intechen.com
Old Sep 29, 2010, 04:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The easiest way is to just put the content directly in the Content Above the Loop box with a conditional such as below. You could also just set an id for the div and style it in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
<?php if( is_home() ) { ?> 
<div style="font-weight:bold;font-size:32px;text-align:center">Centered Text above the loop</div>
<?php } ?>
Old Sep 30, 2010, 02:31 PM
dchrist21

2 posts · Sep 2010
I hadn't though of it quite that way before...let me mess with it over the next few days and I'll let you know how it works out for me.

Thanks for the help.