Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Headline on post page displays as "Auto Draft"

Old Jan 21, 2011, 01:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You wouldn't see the words Auto Draft in the functions.php. The code shown is what that line needs to be changed to. I would also suggest making a copy of the functions.php file in case the edit messes something up.

Also what do you mean you got tons of errors when you manually upgraded? How did you do the manual upgrade?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:20 PM
rgreeniwa

6 posts · Oct 2009
I just upgraded to AT 3.6.4 and now have the Auto Draft problem also. Am using WP 3.1.1.

Did this happen to anyone else?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
How did you do the upgrade? What version of Atahualpa did you upgrade from?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:29 PM
rgreeniwa

6 posts · Oct 2009
I just used the automatic upgrade as I always do.

Based on suggestions in this thread, I went into functions.php and noted that

$title = $post_id->post_title;

was commented out with a #, so I removed the # and put a # in front of the next line:

$title = ($post_id->post_title !== 'Auto Draft') ? $post_id->post_title : '';

That seems to work on new posts.

So for now I guess I'm OK until the next upgrade.

Don't know why the default functions.php file would have this.

Now, I'm having other errors like Wordpress SEO not being able to activate. It's getting a parse error. But this probably isn't related to Atahualpa, though I guess it could be.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That comment is supposed to be on the line it was on to prevent the auto draft from occurring. The line with Auto Draft should not be commented. I am not sure why this "worked" for you but I suspect it was a fluke and that something else is going on.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:25 PM
rgreeniwa

6 posts · Oct 2009
Larry --

Dunno. I'm not a programmer. It just looked like the right thing to try & it did seem to work. I deleted the afflicted post and recreated it, and the title is now displaying correctly.

Why would anyone want a title of "Auto Draft" anyway? So I wonder why there's even any mention of it in the code?

As I mentioned, I am also having some parse errors in two SEO plugins, Wordpress SEO and LJ Longtail SEO, which worked fine previously.

Quite honestly, I don't know if the AT theme upgrade or the WP 3.1.1 upgrade broke these, as I had done both before I noticed any issues.

I even deleted Wordpress SEO & reinstalled it to make sure there wan't a corruption going on.

Any other suggestions?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:27 PM
rgreeniwa

6 posts · Oct 2009
I've got several WP sites and you can bet I'm not upgrading those anytime soon!

R_
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
WordPress implemented the Auto Draft creation for various reasons. It has something do do with how posts are saved. One of the later versions of Atahualpa added the line you commented out to prevent the creation of the Auto Draft Title. Some plugins may affect this as well.

I am not sure why you are running into this but you could try deactivating plugins to see if any of them are the culprit if you like.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 06:30 AM
eric41

51 posts · Aug 2010
Nieder Sachsen, Germany
Hey all, just dropping in on this with news of a little plugin that worked great for me and may be helpful for some of you who are having the "Auto Draft" problem replacing your page titles. This plugin was also very helpful because it deals with pesky custom fields in existing posts/pages as well. Hope this helps some of you!