Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Where is the "Excerpt" part of The Loop in Atuhualpa

Old Aug 2, 2009, 03:00 AM
JakeThePeg

37 posts · Aug 2009
Howdy - I've got a plugin that creates thumbnails directly from the Gallery for each post (most other plugins select the first image from within the post, rather than from the Post's Gallery).

All I need to do to get the thumbnail to work, is put in a line of PHP code somewhere within the Atuhualpa loop.

The problem is, I don't know where to place this code, as I only want to put the code within post excerpts, not within full posts.

Any ideas?

(If you're interested, this is the plugin http://return-true.com/2008/12/wordp...ttached-image/ )
Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:08 AM
JakeThePeg

37 posts · Aug 2009
Are there any ideas regarding my above post.... or any other solutions anyone can offer.

Basically, what I want to achieve, is taking the first image from the Image Gallery for each post, and placing it in front to the left of the excerpt text, any time the excerpt is displayed on my blog.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:54 PM
JakeThePeg

37 posts · Aug 2009
Version 3.2 !
Old Aug 9, 2009, 03:13 AM
JakeThePeg

37 posts · Aug 2009
Hi again....sorry to sound like a broken record - just wondering if there is anyone here who has any ideas in relation to my original post?
Old Aug 9, 2009, 04:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well I suggest you update to a more recent version.

I've been playing and looking at the code since 333 and there are changes, that said, it looks like you want to put your code in (3.2) index.php in the section '<!-- Post Body Copy -->'.

At the end of the if is the call to 'the_excerpt();'
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:12 AM
JakeThePeg

37 posts · Aug 2009
Hi there - thanks very much for your response, I've just tried it out and it works (check it out if you wish http://shackn.com/category/surf-breaks/page/2 )! Now, I just have to get my CSS in order...

As for the upgrade, I definitely agree....is there a guide that describes how to upgrade from 3.2 to the latest version, without losing my customisations?