Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Custom Sidebars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:01 PM
Kisekae

2 posts · Oct 2009
Calgary
[SOLVED] Custom Sidebars

How can custom sidebars be used in Atahualpa?

I would like to replace the standard Atahualpa left/right inner/outer sidebars with other custom sidebars for use in a custom home page or other pages of a website that are expected to operate under a different page template.

I think the Atahualpa sidebars are defined in header.php and footer.php. I'm not sure how to include the standard theme get_header() and get_footer() in a custom page template and easily specify different sidebar or widget content in the page columns?

Thanks for any advice.