Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Transparency between posts

Old Apr 11, 2010, 04:19 PM
Pell

3 posts · Mar 2010
Hi everyone. I'm very new to Atahualpa and I'm having an awesome time fiddling with everything.

Kinda run aground on a problem. I'm looking to to put a 'gutter' between my posts for the background image to come through, but I can't seem to get it. I can get a space between the posts by setting a lower margin on the 'POST container' option, but the margin always comes out a solid white.

I also wanted a 'gutter' between my center and right columns. I solved that by setting a width to the inner right column and leaving it blank. Unfortunately, I can't use that kludge to solve this problem.

Here is the page:

http://psychozoic-dig.com/

I'm running Atahualpa 3.4.4

Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:38 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just use the default margin style in ATO>Style POSTS & PAGES>POST Container. That will put a gap between posts.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 09:18 PM
Pell

3 posts · Mar 2010
I have the gap, but its white and not transparent like I want it.

Here's what I have:

margin: 0 0 30px 0; border: solid 1px #000000;
Old Apr 14, 2010, 09:59 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I think I see what the issue is now.
  • Take out the background statement in ATO>Style & Edit CENTER COLUMN>Center Column Style
  • Add a white background to ATO>Style POSTS & PAGES>Post Container
The center column background prevents a gap from being seen.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:15 PM
Pell

3 posts · Mar 2010
Ahhhh there we go! Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
One thing I would add to your body background setting is "fixed" as in the following
HTML Code:
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa344/images/grunge811.jpg) repeat top left fixed;
That way the background will not move when you scroll which I think looks better.