Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

ThemeFrame Video #2

Old Dec 17, 2009, 05:34 AM
seo

1 posts · Dec 2009
UK
Thank you for Atahualpa. Its a great theme.
Looking forward to Themeframe. Hope I am in on time for the beta.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 08:25 AM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
I turned this into a standalone application (you'll get the whole code) plus theme, instead of a plugin plus theme. The application creates everything that is better pre-produced as static files, such as the CSS, JS and PHP files, and the theme controls remaining live settings, like which template to use for which page and SEO settings (which will miss in the Beta).
The reason to make it a standalone application was to be more independent from Wordpress. The plugin wasn't using much Wordpress code anyway, and what it used, it used just to "get past" Wordpress.
I for one am a little bummed that Themeframe will NOT be a plugin anymore, as I find that to be much easier to deal with as opposed to installing the program on my server... As I am the only one who uses the themes I make (I don't have clients)

Can anyone explain to me the reason for the change? I'm assuming it has to due with usability. I read the above quoted thread but don't truly understand the need for it to be a standalone application unless it's a change to accommodate the majority of users who have clients.

I'm not complaining mind you, just trying to figure it out. I'm sure I'll be able to make it work, it will just take me a little longer to wrap my head around it.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:41 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You'll just upload the files like you would upload a plugin, and instead of going into the WP admin area and clicking on a button there, you'd go to yourdomain.com/themeframe/ and set the settings from there. The application will access the Wordpress settings from the outside and automatically, so there's no difference regarding convenience or possibilities of the app, i.e. it can figure out which plugins are activated and what the various WP settings are. And this application if just for creating the static files. There's also a theme part which is installed as a a regular WP theme. That theme has a control panel for all the settings that are better set in the WP database on a per-page basis.

The app could have been a plugin but there's no real need for it other than having a button inside the WP admin area. To create it as a plugin quite a few things have to be programmed differently just to get along with Wordpress and to avoid conflicts with other plugins. I already had it as a plugin so for now it required more effort to change it to standalone, but it allows me to add more features with ease in the future without always having to program around Wordpress just to have that button in the admin area.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:06 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Would you need to upload Themeframe to each domain in order for the settings to be applied, or can you create a new theme while working on domainA and then use it on domainB?

For instance, I might want to use it to create custom themes for some of my WPMU users, and then later create a new theme for my own use on another domain.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 09:27 AM
WebTrooper

4 posts · Nov 2009
I haven't been around in a while, just checked in to see the progress and found the video. All I can say is "Awesome!" Can't wait for the beta release so I can take it for a spin. Great work, Flynn!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 09:58 AM
uabclst

5 posts · Dec 2009
I just stumbled over the ThemeFrame late today! Talking about being lucky!

Of course I quickly became a member and donated. When you've seen the quality of Atahualpa that was a no brainer.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 08:54 AM
nbi123

2 posts · Dec 2009
Hi,

I have not been added to the necessary forums to allow me access (as of Jan 3rd).

Can someone (Flynn/Juggledad) please add me to the members forums? I made a Paypal donation on Dec. 31st. but do not yet have access.

Can you also tell me exactly what forum or Url to go to once you do provide me with access?

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:58 PM
ksmith101

79 posts · Dec 2009
North Carolina, although Georgia (USA) is HOME
Is it too late to make another donation to get to the beta of ThemeFrame?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:25 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmith101
Is it too late to make another donation to get to the beta of ThemeFrame?
You should have access to the ThemeFrame Members forum. Please let me know if you don't.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 02:45 PM
deepeshmd

1 posts · Jun 2009
This is Incredible.. Its Awesome... Hats off to you all...
Old Feb 3, 2010, 02:15 PM
victorm

11 posts · Feb 2010
I noticed Juggledad answered to a question similar to mine - this script giving the MU users the ability to customize their own themes - very interested in this. In the meanwhile you moved from a plugin to standalone code - will this idea still apply or do we need some glue-code to put everything together (manage files, permissions, profiles etc)
Old Feb 3, 2010, 05:59 PM
iPuppet

12 posts · Aug 2009
Washington, DC
I've paid my $80! Great work, and very exciting. Thanks for all the hard work!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 06:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
iPuppet, you are set now
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:55 PM
SamuelGoh

36 posts · Feb 2010
Hi, I've made a donation of 80USD (big investment for a personal user!)

How can I get themeframe and use the forums?

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Samuel you should be able to access the themeframe members forum now
Old Feb 13, 2010, 04:26 PM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
I just designed my own blog and do not have any plan to do any other site. Is this an upgrade and does it help me to edit my existing site or is it for new site only?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 05:31 PM
rove

85 posts · Jun 2009
Phoenix, Oregon
Hi Imt,

Themeframe is a theme-maker. At least for a while, the only themes that can be edited in TF are themes made with it... Atahualpa cannot be edited by it.

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,

Rob
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:05 AM
BlackMagic2001

9 posts · Nov 2009
I'm trying to understand. Is this a replacement or enhance capability for Atahualpa? Is this a page template creation tool or a theme creation tool? Just trying to understand. I would hate to have my settings over written. I am looking for a page theme tool. Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ThemeFrame is a theme creation product. It is entirely separate from Atahualpa which is a theme. ThemeFrame will create custom themes you can use and or market, with wordpress. So I could create a theme and name it

'Falling Clubs' a theme by juggledad

or what ever you want. You could then post the theme on wordpress.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:59 AM
BlackMagic2001

9 posts · Nov 2009
Thanks for the reply and I saw the video's. I'm just a little nervous. I realize and appreciate the Atahualpa's flexibility. It's the best out there but it looks as though it could make Atahualpa obsolete??? Customization is easy and perhaps page templates also.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:59 PM
camaleo

1 posts · Feb 2010
Italy
Great stuff Flynn!

I am wondering if we can cooperate to make it 'cooperating' with the myEASYdb plugin I am developing.

My original idea was, after having finalized myEAASYdb, to create something similar to your ThemeFrame to let people create sites/applications based on WordPress and able to get data from different database structures.

As you are working on ThemeFrame it makes much more sense to join our efforts, do you agree?

Ugo
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:28 PM
erics_dad

4 posts · Sep 2010
UK
Link not working, is there another video I can see before I purchase?

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:04 PM
DavePorter

130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Try the themeframe web site..

http://themeframe.com/
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:17 AM
FileserveBB

1 posts · Dec 2010
www.fileservebb.org
Is there any software required for viewing the video on themeframe site ?

Edit : It started 2 mins later.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:34 PM
laura at FDG

7 posts · Oct 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi Flynn

I love your theme. I wish i could donate and buy the themframe but unfortunately I don't. If i buy the themeframe for $80.00 will that also give me things for athualpa like how to remove footer info, paid member forum, etc?

Thanks,

Laura

Last edited by laura at FDG; Dec 8, 2010 at 12:37 PM.