Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Adding categories to Page Menu bar - where does Menu1 go???

Old Oct 22, 2010, 02:50 PM
meprnoel

1 posts · Oct 2010
Very new to this theme, I'm working on creating my site menu. I read a lot of posts on how to combine categories into the Page menu bar by creating a custom menu in Wordpress.

In several posts, it says to associate Menu1 with your page menu bar but I can't figure out how the heck to do that!

Could someone pleeeeeaaaase let me know how to do that? I'm going in circles and losing my mind...

THANK YOU!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Three steps... well actually four
  1. Breathe
  2. Put %pages in ATO>Style and edit Header Area where you want it
  3. Go to Appearance>Menus and create a menu
  4. In that same area assign the menu you just made to Menu 1 on the top left.
  5. Ask more questions if you are still lost
Yeah I know I said there were only four steps but who's counting.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 03:11 PM
ole@oleaustin.com

22 posts · Jul 2009
Austin
Totally needed step 4. Thank you! A follow up question.... can I stylize the menus to look like tabs or something? Mine are all just in a row. Also, where would I create "sub-menus" for these. Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 09:32 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can stylize like crazy but it isn't always easy for those not familiar with CSS, selectors, and the like. One of the styles that comes with Atahualpa (in the styles folder which is part of the downloaded zip) has tab type styles.

I you go to ATO>Export Import setting and export your current settings as a backup you can import the other styles and look in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts to see what the code looks like and either use that style as a starting point for your theme or copy the code, import the setting you previously exported and past the code into CSS Inserts.

That may be way too much to tackle right now but wanted to give you the info. If you have a way of creating a test site that is one of the best ways to learn this theme as you do anything and not worry if you mess something up.

The sub menus are created by just dragging one of the menu items a little to the right.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:12 AM
ole@oleaustin.com

22 posts · Jul 2009
Austin
sounds like too much to tackle right now, just like you said! BUT, i WILL get to it at some point. your directions sound like they're good enough to figure it all out. thanks so much!!!