Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Modifying Logo area

Old Dec 30, 2009, 07:37 PM
jumbopihu

6 posts · Dec 2009
I want to add notes & buttons such as "contact us", our "email id" on right top corner. Maybe should add facebook & twitter icons. In order to do that I would need to add these elements in 'logo area' of website. Unfortunately the Atahualpa theme is not so simple to modify. It's very complex with lot of php stuff.

I figured out I need to edit bta-header.config.php file but can anyone help me out how to do it?
when I added simple html script inside it showed errors.

Thank you.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 09:06 PM
jumbopihu

6 posts · Dec 2009
C'mon! can anyone help?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 04:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
actually, you could add some html in the ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area, then use the CSS Inserts option to adjust their positions to get them to overlay the logo. Then you don't have to worry about changing the code again next release
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:26 PM
jumbopihu

6 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
actually, you could add some html in the ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area, then use the CSS Inserts option to adjust their positions to get them to overlay the logo. Then you don't have to worry about changing the code again next release
Thanks for the suggestion, you're right at guessing what exactly I'm looking for, but I'm not sure how to do it. If it cant be done with ATO options in wp-admin panel, I think I'll have to touch coding files.
Following picture would give you idea of what exactly I want. I've removed RSS features from top right & want to place other toys such as "translator, twitter & facebook etc." Click image for larger version

Name:	header modify.PNG
Views:	1458
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	352

Please refer to website under development about chemical services: Process Engineering services for clear picture.

Little more help is much appreciated
Thank you.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 08:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is a post in the gold forums about overlaying an image (a button in this case) that I beleive you could modify to do what you want without touching any code