Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Different number of posts on home and post pages

Old Nov 22, 2009, 11:59 AM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
Hi all,
I've looked for this, and I'm surprised that no one has requested it, but maybe i just missed it.

I know how to set the number of posts per page, in settings-reading, but what if I want 3 posts on the home page and 10 on any other page, ie categories, tags, authors etc. I'm happy to have the other settings (excerpts, etc) the same. Any thoughts on how to do this? I know it must be in the center loop, but don't know enough PHP to add it.

thanks,
jc
Old Nov 22, 2009, 06:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out the 'Different Posts Per Page' plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...osts-per-page/)
Old May 10, 2011, 12:13 PM
mrkshrt

1 posts · May 2011
Thanks, that is a great plugin, solved my problem immediately!