Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Web Hosting for WordPress »

How to redirect complete subfolders?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:03 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
How to redirect complete subfolders?

Hello,

thanx to the help within the community I was able to re-launch my website yesterday in a new design based on Atahualpa - Thumbs Up!

Now I have a problem with 404 posts and sadly was not able to find a working plugin that would handle he problem with one general setting, supporting $S. There is one out there called redirection, but once activated it shuts down all the traffic to my site, seems to be broken.

The probem is that I only need to forward certain subfolders of the old html page.

The syntax of its links were:

Page/Topic/../Uptodate/content.html

Now the URL should be:

Archive/Page/Topic/../Uptodate/content.html

The bold part will always be exactly the same and not interefering with any wordpress permalinks, so I think it should somehow be possible to redirect the paths with some kind of wildcard like $S through wpconfig or htacess.

something like Page/Topic/$S = Archive/Page/Topic/$S

Thank you