Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Bug? Atahualpa 3.3.3 Theme Options > Category Menu Bar

Old May 16, 2009, 10:55 AM
Deahna

2 posts · May 2009
Germany, near Hanover
It seems I have found a bug. On my blog I use the category menu bar ordered by name. This works fine in 3.3.2. Yesterday I switched over to 3.3.3. Now the categories are ordered by ID whatever else I select.

I tried to figure out what is actually saved in the database table and found:
option_name: bfa_ata_sorting_cat_menu_bar
option_value: name
Now that looks quite right to me but my category menu bar is still sorted by ID. I checked several different browser and remembered to empty the cache, too. When I switch back to 3.3.2 the order is by name again.

Any idea where the problem is?

Deahna

Last edited by Deahna; May 17, 2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: more info
Old May 16, 2009, 06:42 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Thank you for finding this. To fix it in 3.3.3 change in functions/bfa_hor_cats.php

if ( !function_exists('mycategoryorder') ) { $sort_order = "ID"; }

to

if ( !function_exists('mycategoryorder') AND $sort_order == "order" ) { $sort_order = "ID"; }
Old May 17, 2009, 01:25 AM
Deahna

2 posts · May 2009
Germany, near Hanover
Thanks for your help, now my categories are ordered alphabetically again

Deahna
Old May 17, 2009, 05:45 PM
darrenk

3 posts · May 2009
Possibly related? I want to order my category menu by 'order'. I am using the my-category-order plugin and selecting 'order' for 'Sort Category Menu Bar by' in the theme options. However it sorts by ID.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Darren
Old May 19, 2009, 08:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It works for me for the (horizontal) category menu bar. It may not work for the WP default category widget. Perhaps a MySQL user permission issue? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/my-category-order/
Old Jun 1, 2009, 08:46 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Thank you for finding this. To fix it in 3.3.3 change in functions/bfa_hor_cats.php

if ( !function_exists('mycategoryorder') ) { $sort_order = "ID"; }

to

if ( !function_exists('mycategoryorder') AND $sort_order == "order" ) { $sort_order = "ID"; }
This fix works great! Thank you!! As background:

I have WP 2.7.1 and Atahualpa 3.3.3

I'd set up my Configure Header Area to include "%cats" as the last value in the string. I then went into Category Menu Bar and set Sort Category Menu Bar by: Name, and Sorting Order Category Menu Bar by: ASC.

At the moment I have just three Categories (I'm mid development and will be adding more), they are (in alpha order): Fundamentals (Cat =3), Management (Cat=4), Uncategorized (Cat =1).

When I sorted by ASC I got, horizontally, Management (Cat=4), Fundamentals (Cat=3), Uncategorized (Cat=1).

When I stored by DESC I got, horizontally, Uncategorized (Cat=1), Fundamentals (Cat=3), Management (Cat=4). Everything but, Fundamentals, Management, Uncategorized.

Clearly it was sorting by ID. ... After the above fix, problem solved.