Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

My comments appear twice

Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:10 AM
johannac

36 posts · Dec 2010
My comments appear twice

Hello,
This is probably very simple, but I can't figure it out. My comments are appearing twice. How can I get rid of one. And how can I change the author from "admin" to my name.

http://latindivadesigns.com

thank you
Old Dec 31, 2010, 02:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
These are WordPress issues, not theme issues. You can always tell by temporally swapping to the twenty ten theme and see if you have the same issue. If you do, then it's not theme related.

Look at the user options in wordpress

As for the comments, without seeing an example, no idea what is going on. Please provide a URL pointing at an example.

P.s. If you are going to do blog designing, you should setup a second occurrence of word press as a 'sandbox' where you can go play with all sorts of things, experiment and test. Somewhere if you total mess up, it won't effect your public blog/site.

It is also a great place to learn how to backup and restore your site in case of a problem....

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 31, 2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 02:53 AM
johannac

36 posts · Dec 2010
Thank you so much!

This is what I'm talking about:
http://latindivadesigns.com/?p=70

Also thanks for the advice regarding a back-up page. Great idea!
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
this could be from a plugin, disable all your active lugins and see if it changes.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:59 PM
johannac

36 posts · Dec 2010
I fixed it! Thank you.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 03:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Want to share the solution for others?